Tanning is stubborn. It may take weeks to get off.
Now, removing it is possible. Chemical peels can help you to have an even and radiant skin appearance in a few days. It’s the best anti-tanning treatment available near you.
The 30 years experienced doctor who treats with chemical peels in Gold Coast has confirmed that it is absolutely incredible. The idea behind this treatment is to peel off the old and uneven skin by using skin-friendly chemicals.
Unlike harmful ones, these chemicals are healthy and safe for your skin. They cause blisters, which later peel off. It all happens in a few days. Finally, you see a much smoother, even, and less wrinkly surface.
Ideal to Treat with
These peels can be good to go with the correction on your face, neck, or hands. Mainly, it is used for fixing these skin concerns:
- Mild scars or marks
- A certain type of acne
- Dullness and pigmented skin
- Wrinkles due to sun damage & aging
- Fine lines under your eyes & around your mouth
- Age spots, freckles, and dark patches (melasma) that mainly appear during pregnancy or taking birth control pills
Why is a Chemical Peel the Best?
Generally, it works wonders for fair-skinned and light-haired patients. But, the patient with darker skin may also expect good results. The improvement depends upon the type of problem being treated.
Don’t panic if you see an uneven skin tone right after the procedure. It improves over time. The complete difference is visible in 15 days.
Prepare Before this Treatment
- Discuss with your doctor about the history of scarring and cold sores if these conditions often pop up.
- Before the procedure, stop blood-thinning drugs and prepare skin with prescribed medications like Retin-A or glycolic acid.
- Take antibiotics or antiviral drugs on the advice of the doctor.
- Openly discuss how deep you want the peel to act. The doctor can suggest you better upon diagnosing your skin.
How is it done?
This non-invasive cosmetic treatment can be carried out in the clinic or in a surgery center. It’s a lunchtime procedure, which requires no overnight stay there.
It all begins with cleaning your surface thoroughly.
Then, one or more chemical solutions, which are skin-friendly, are applied. These can be glycolic acid, trichloroacetic acid, salicylic acid, etc..
The application causes a controlled wound on the surface, which allows new skin cells to pop up.
How does it feel?
Certainly, you may feel like being stung by a bee. But, this sensation ends in about five to ten minutes once done.
You may calm this sensation using cool compresses on the skin.
Ask the doctor to prescribe medication if the pain is unbearable.
Post Chemical Peeling
Depending upon the type of chemical peel, you may see a sunburn-like reaction after the procedure.
Peeling causes redness, which is followed by the scaling of skin cells. This peeling ends within three to seven days. You may see mild peeling again at intervals of one to four weeks. It happens until you get the desirable results.
Medium-depth and deep peeling may cause inflammation, together with blisters. These blisters may break, or the crust turns brown and peels off over a period of seven to 14 days. Medium-depth peels may be performed again in six to 12 months, if necessary.
After treatment, you may need to cover the treated area for several days. Avoid the sun for a few months after being chemically treated, since your new skin will be sensitive.
For better results, follow these tips:
- The skin temporarily turns more sensitive to the sun.
- Put on sunscreen when you are inside or out every day.
- Wear only doctor-recommended sunscreen, as your skin needs expert skincare and protection from the sun’s UVA and UVB rays.
- Avoid going out in the sun excessively, especially between 10 and 2 in the noon.
- Cover your treated area while going out.
A chemical peel is the best anti-tanning treatment. It shows effect in 7 and 15 days. The damaged skin peels off and the new layer of fresh cells appears. It removes all effects of the sun damages in just a week. You may expect stinging like sensation after the treatment, which goes away in 10 minutes.